Summer is awesome, and we all enjoy the warm weather and breezy nights. Unfortunately, mosquitoes are here to spoil everything. Oh, and let’s not forget about all the tiny bugs that buzz over our food and drinks.
Mosquitoes are stubborn and boring, and they keep biting us. The bad news is that bugs will attack you no matter what. It’s time to say ‘goodbye’ to those nasty pests, and enjoy your bug-free summer.
Things aren’t as bad as they seem. You can’t repel every mosquito out there, but you can sure keep your home and garden safe.
Supermarkets and pharmacies are loaded with repellents, and we strongly suggest that you make your own.
The environment will thank you, and you will also protect your loved ones from the chemicals added in conventional repellents.
Make your super powerful natural repellent!
You never thought that a simple concoction will help you solve the problem, right? Well, this natural combo is strong, powerful and smells amazing. We bet that you don’t even consider these ingredients as powerful bug repellents.
Our mason jar candle gathers powerful essential oils, fresh herbs, and citrus fruits. And mosquitoes hate any of that!
Give it a try, and watch the mosquitoes go away.
Mason jar luminaries
- 4 mason jars (jam and other glass jars work well, too)
- 10 drops of essential oils (combine whatever you like: lemon, eucalyptus, thyme, thieves, geranium, lavender, catnip, citronella, cedarwood, basil, etc. – cedarwood, lavender, lemon eucalyptus, and thieves work great together)
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 8 springs of fresh rosemary
- Floating tea light candles
How to do it:
- First, line up your mason jars, and follow the instructions:
- Slice the citruses, and keep them aside.
- Place the rosemary springs in the jars, fill ¾ of each jar with water.
- Add 10 drops of your essential oil combo in each jar. Swirl the content carefully.
- Add a couple of slices of citruses in the jars
- Add more water if the jars aren’t full enough.
- Place your floating tea light candles, and your luminaries are ready!
Keep the repellents outside, and light the candle. Watch the mosquitoes leave your home within a minute.
Use another candle when necessary, and replace the liquid and the fruit after 2-3 days. Wash the jar, and start all over again.
Enjoy your hot summer nights without any mosquitoes around. Naturally scented candles do miracles, and natural repellents work better than anything.
Why spending so much money on conventional repellents when you can make your own. It’s time to go outside, and open the windows with no fear of nasty bugs.